Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Making the Most of It...

Well, yesterday pretty much everything that could go wrong in my planning did.  I asked the girls what they wanted to do.  They said they wanted to go to the pool.  I figured a day at the pool would be relaxing.  Unfortunately, I then remembered that our pool pins were attached to the pool bag, and the pool bag was in the back of Rob's car, and Rob's car was with Rob...at work.  No problem, we can make alternate arrangements.  So, I saw something online for this toy and train museum in Medina.  There were a few reviews, all of which were positive and mention of it being free.  I figured it would be a great alternative.  So, we drove to Medina, parked in the square and began searching for where the hell this place was.  Unfortunately, we found it.  It is not really a train museum, and there are not other toys there.  It is a store that sells train parts.  There are 2 trains set up...complete with signs saying "Do Not Touch."  On top of that, there were boxes all over the place and I felt like someone would be jumping out to film us from "Hoarders."  Noone seemed to care that we were there.  I left the store after about 5 minutes and took the girls to a nearby cafe for lunch.  As we ate, I was sure we missed something, so we went back again, were again ignored, and again found nothing of interest.  I felt like I let the kids down, so we went to Lemonberry in the square and called it a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment